God gave each of us different gifts. Some of us were given the gift of financial management. Some of us have been given gifts of discernment. Others have been given gifts of compassion and patience. Whatever gift God has given, we hope you can find an opportunity to use it here at Zeeland Christian School.
Our parents are an enormous center of support and encouragement. Whether they are volunteering at events like the Auction or helping in their child's classroom or making copies and cutting pieces out at home, they spend hours every year helping the school to run efficiently.
There are many other ways that parents and grandparents can get involved and support the school. You could volunteer to:
- Landscape in the spring (help with woodchips, planting flowers, etc.)
- Salt the sidewalks in the morning before school in the winter
- Share your professional experience by becoming a member of the ZCS School Board
- Help to connect the development staff with friends who might be interested in supporting ZCS
- Stuff envelopes for fundraising mailings
- Work in the kitchen making Pig-in-the-Blankets and Apple Dumplings
- Call preschool families and welcome them to Zeeland Christian and ask if they have any questions
- Sit in your grandchild's/child's class once a month so the teachers can attend weekly meetings
- Work at Ditto (Ditto provides the school with more than $100,000 every year!)
- Serve on the newly-formed Foundation Dinner committee
- Write notes of encouragement to teachers and staff
These are just a few ideas. What other ways can you think of to volunteer at ZCS?
If you are interested in volunteering at Zeeland Christian School, please contact Mandy Cooper or Jen Schafer in the Advancement/Fundraising office. 616.772.2609.
Passing the Baton
Each of us has been given the responsibility to pass on our faith to those around us. At Zeeland Christian, one of the ways we do that is by physically passing a baton back and forth. Each student receives a baton when they start at ZCS. Inside the baton is a piece of paper. Each year, the student's teacher will write a note of spiritual encouragement. The batons travel with the student the entire time they are at Zeeland Christian. By Eighth Grade, students will have 8-9 years of notes from teachers about how the teachers have seen God working in the child's life.