It is our deepest desire that all families who want to attend Zeeland Christian School are able to afford it.
God has done amazing things to make ZCS an option for many families who struggle to afford the tuition. Sometimes a combination of extended family support and church support can help. Other times, our school can help. Zeeland Christian School offers a need-based tuition grant program that is administered by FACTS Management, Inc. Awards are made based upon funds available. You can apply online at www.factstuitionaid.com. There is a $30 fee to apply for assistance.
Traditionally, Zeeland Christian has attempted to help people who are paying more than 18 percent of their adjusted gross income. Zeeland Christian's ability to pay awards is based on the need on any given year. Some years Zeeland Christian can pay 100 percent of the award, other years we've only been able to pay 75 or 80 percent of the award.
Zeeland Christian also participates in the Tuition Reduction Incentive Program (T.R.I.P).
TRIP (Tuition Reduction Incentive Plan)
Zeeland Christian School has been blessed with a wonderful program called TRIP. TRIP stands for Tuition Reduction Incentive Plan. The TRIP program allows Zeeland Christian School supporters to buy gift cards and certificates for services in this community. The cards and certificates are purchased at a reduced price by the TRIP program. The difference between the face value paid by participants and the reduced price is then applied to your tuition account. Many families in Zeeland Christian save hundreds of dollars a year using this plan. There are some families that enlist the support of the extended family and have saved over $1,000 a year in tuition costs. If you'd like more information on this program, call the office. Information meetings are held on a regular basis. You must attend a meeting and register to participate.
TRIP orders must be received by 11:00 on Tuesday and are available for pick up the following Tuesday between 10:30 and 1:00. T.R.I.P. certificates for selected merchants are also available from the office on Fridays from 11:00 to 1:00 on school days. These are available on a first-come/first-served basis and do not need to be pre-ordered.
$500 Credit for New Families!
Families who enroll in the TRIP program are able to build tuition credit by enrolling and participating in the proram. The sooner a family is enrolled in the program, the sooner they can begin building tuition credit. It is even possible to enroll in the program before your child is of school age.
To encourage participation in the TRIP program, Zeeland Christian is offering one $500 credit for new families through their TRIP account. The credit is applied when the oldest child enters first grade. To be eligible, families must take the following steps:
• Attend a TRIP information meeting.
• Enroll in the TRIP program while your child is in preschool (or before).
• Participate in the TRIP program by purchasing certificates to use at area businesses.
• Once your child has completed preschool and kindergarten at Zeeland Christian, your $500 credit will be applied to their first grade tuition.
• Be aware that while you may sign up for the TRIP program at any time, you must enroll by January of your child's preschool year to be eligible for the $500.
• An exception is made for families whose children do not attend preschool but enter school when they go to kindergarten. These families will still be eligible for the $500 if they enroll and participate while their child is in kindergarten.
Online Set-Up for TRIP
In order to take advantage of online ordering you must first:
1. Set up an account at www.shopwithscrip.com. Enter Zeeland Christian School/MI for the organization. Our enrollment code is 4D5F2C74134. Please put you account number after your name. (Place ‘MB’ on the teacher line it you pick up at the bank OR write the name of your child and teacher on the teacher line if your child takes TRIP home. If you pick up at the office leave the line blank.)
2. Set up an account with PrestoPay (left hand side menu item once you have set up your account on shopwithscrip.com). Account activation requires a few days to finalize, so don’t delay in setting it up. If you do not wish to use PrestoPay you may place your printed order form with a check in the TRIP mailbox.
Online reloads: After you have used the original balance you can reload the card with any amount the retailer allows. If you order it before 3:00pm it will typically be reloaded overnight!
There are a few things to keep in mind:
1. You must purchase the original card through TRIP.
2. You must register the card at shopwithscrip.com and reload it through them (not at stores).
3. You need to pay for the order with PrestoPay (secure online payment system).
ScripNow are electronic certificates delivered to your email within minutes of ordering online. You can also choose to send them as an eGift to someone else.
For more information, contact the Zeeland Christian TRIP coordinator, Deb Vanden Heuvel, at 879-0316 or the school office at 772-2609.
The Summer TRIP dates are June 9 & 30, July 14 & 28, and August 11 & 25. All traditional and online orders are due by 11:00 on the above dates. They will be available on the next TRIP Tuesday. (Two weeks - in June three weeks.)
There will be TRIP on June 2 with orders available on June 9.
Instant TRIP will be available on the above Tuesdays in the TRIP office from 9:00-10:30 a.m.
Regular weekly TRIP will resume September 8, and Instant TRIP will move back to Friday on September 11.